Everyone, especially now days, is looking for a success formula. And not only are they looking for a success formula, they are looking for a quick one! I don't like to burst people's bubbles… But, I'm going to burst this one. There are no quick formulas that WORK!
However, there is a general five-step success formula that works pretty well… IF you apply and work it.
So here is the 5 steps:
1. Clearly Identify your ultimate goal.
2. Construct a game plan for reaching that goal.
3. Use this plan to set up short-term goals that lead towards your ultimate goal. They should be bite-sized , feasible, and if possible, measurable.
4. Attack each of your short-term goals in order, one at a time, by focusing all your energies on it. Once it is accomplished, move on to attack your next short-term goal.
5. Monitor your overall process toward your ultimate goal as more information becomes available. Consider whether or not you need to modify your game plan. If you modify the plan, change your short-term goals accordingly. Short-term goals are key for your success formula. And meeting these short-term goals is crucial to meeting your long-term goals.
(See my article on ("Seven Steps to Achieving Goals"). Long-term goals supply overall direction and motivation. There is a "Golden Rule" for anyone working towards a goal. And it's this: Always ask this question before you take any action towards a goal…
"Will this help me get get what I choose? If the answer is NO, then don't do it!
To your success,