Do you ever have times when you just feel overwhelmed?
That feeling of having too much to do and not enough time to do everything.
In today’s world it’s very easy to feel that way and I think most people has struggled with that from time to time. Let’s face it, we are a BUSY society. We have a lot on our plates, especially if you have a young family coupled with all the other responsibilities that go with it.
What can you do when that feeling comes upon you?
I certainly have had my share of times feeling overwhelmed.
So here are my 5 tips I use to BEAT that OVERWHELMED FEELING!
1. I find it helps to take just a few minutes (because we are all busy) and find a quiet place and just BE with myself. It gets you away from the constant noise of life and serves to ground you.
Sometimes we become so busy we lose sight of what’s really important. This also helps you reconnect with your priorities.
2. I grab a note pad and start writing down all the things I have to do and the feelings and frustrations I have about it. When you put things down on paper it actually tells your mind it can rest, so you are not CONSTANTLY thinking about it.
3. I focus on what I have already accomplished and the good feeling it gives me. This encourages me to keep on track with things that need to be done because I have already proved to myself that I can do it.
4. I take a break and do something I enjoy. For instance, it may be going for a walk, listening to music, going out to lunch at a favorite place, or calling a friend to say hello. It recharges me so that I am ready to tackle the tasks at hand.
5. I make sure I smile and laugh a lot. Lightening up this way keeps me a on a positive note so things don’t feel so overwhelming.
I hope you will try my suggestions!
Leave me your comments and let me know what YOU do to cope with that overwhelmed feeling. I would love to hear from you!
Subscribe to my list to get more good stuff from me!